I’ve been very busy at work recently, delivering a big project that has been equal parts exhilarating and exhausting.
Unfortunately, I’m not getting any comments about looking exhilarated. I am however getting stacks of feedback about how tired I appear.
Which, I guess, is fair enough. I’ve been working long hours and can’t say I’ve been eating or sleeping all that well.
When my life starts showing up on my face in a less than spectacular way, I run straight to the bathroom cabinet for my favourite French beauty products. While nothing will fix tired eyes and skin like sleep and decent nutrition there are some products I swear by to add some sparkle in the short term – and they are the ones I stock up on whenever I am in France.
Given so many Distant Francophile readers are either travelling in France right now, or are heading there in the next couple of weeks I thought I’d share my favourite products just in case you too are looking for some sparkle or would just like to try something different. Of course, you don’t necessarily have to be visiting France to try these products – many of them are readily available in both Australia and the US. It is just that some are easier to find there – and often less expensive (at least from an Australian perspective).
My Favourite French Beauty Products
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O. This French classic is still the quickest and easiest way to remove makeup that I’ve found – which is handy when you are feeling exhausted after a long day at work. Available in a large variety of sizes, for normal and sensitive skin types.
- Caudalie Skin Care. My favourite skin care brand is headed up by Mathilde Thomas, author of The French Beauty Solution. I like the fact that the products are gentle and free of nasties. There are Caudalie ranges that address all the usual concerns – including tired looking skin!! Personally, I love the Premier Cru range but happily use all their products depending on how my skin is feeling.
- Talika Lipocils Expert Eyelash Conditioner. I have been blessed with unusual eyelashes. On one eye they are extremely curly and on the other, well they are as straight as a stick! This eyelash conditioner does a good job of making them a little more even, stronger and thicker and makes a great mascara primer. I also like Talika’s Lash Conditioning Cleanser, for days when I need to remove waterproof mascara.
- Keune So Pure Moisturising Shampoo and Conditioner. I have been a fan of sulphate free hair products for a long time now but this range is easily my favourite. My temperamental hair is in the best condition ever and a little bit goes a long way. I’m also a fan of Keune’s Shaping Fibres. It is a great product for short hair.
- Nars Lipsticks. For days when I don’t want to wear red lipstick, I’m a fan of natural sheer colours and Nars make some of the best. Moisturising and long wearing, my current ‘go-to’ shades include Dolce Vita and Baroque.
Are you a fan of French beauty products? Do you have any favourite products that you can’t live without? If so, I’d love for you to share in the comments section below.
And until next time – au revoir.
Please note – No compensation of any kind has been received from any of the brands named in this post and none of the links are affiliate links. I just like these products and thought that I would share.